Buchlovice castle was built in style of Italian baroque at 1707, probably by architect Domenico Martinelli. Buchlovice castle is situated about 10 km to the west of Uherske Hradiste in south-east Moravia, Czech Republic. Its history is closely connected with nearby Buchlov Castle which grew more and more uncomfortable in the late 17th century, and that is why Jan Dětřich of Petřwald decided to build a new castle. Buchlovice castle was built as a copy of an Italian villa in baroque style by Domenico Martinelli. It is one of the most romantic buildings in this country. In 1800 it became property of the Berchtolds, and since 1945 the state castle is open to public.