Abbaye Notre-Dame de Beauport
Abbey of Beauport (Abbaye de Beauport)was founded in 1202 by Alan Avaugour (Alain de Goëlo), Count of Penthièvre. The monastery experienced its greatest prosperity in the Middle Ages, in the 13th - 14th centuries and in the 17th century. After 1750 it fell into disrepair and in 1790 after the Great French Revolution it was closed on October 12, 1790. Today it is a popular tourist destination in Brittany, France.