The former mine and military prison camp Rolava (Sauersack)
Rolava (originally by German Sauersack) is a defunct village in the Ore Mountains, which was located approximately 1.5 km north of Přebuz village in the district of Sokolov in the Karlovy Vary Region.
The settlement was probably founded in the first half of the 17th century, but tin ore was mined here earlier.
In 1850 it became a separate municipality.
The extinction of the village was caused depopulation after the expulsion of the German population and the integration of the village into the border zone in 1951. This prevented any possible new settlements. Subsequently, the demolition of the buildings here was carried out. The only building that has been preserved is the former post office building.
On the foundations of other houses on the slope of the Rolavský hill, spruces grow. Nowadays the former village serves as a recreational place for cottage-makers.
During the Second World War, a plant for the extraction and treatment of tin ores was built by the company Zinnbergbau Sudetenland between the municipalities of Rolava and Jelení.
The mining and treatment of tin ore took place until May 1945.
After the war the tin mine was closed, the machines were dismantled and taken to other mines. The whole area was abandoned and began to dilapidate.